Thursday, May 25, 2006

My Lunch Date with the CEO

So, it turns out that my lunch date with the CEO was largely uneventful, although it was largely delicous. The main foods at the meal were two different types of crustaceans and lamb.

It was held on the top floor of my building in what is apparently the executive dining room, which was tastefully decorated with primarily Asian style artwork (two large pots as well as a huge 2-d wood carving of an Asian village), although there was also a nineteenth century painting of a couple of people by a lake. This didn't necessarily go with the rest of the decor, but I wasn't going to say anything. I mean, there were free crustaceans!

He himself was very personable, and he said that at the beginning of his career that it was his wife that pushed him to go with the company that became our current company. He also spent a lot of time talking about the product that I work with, and so I learned a lot of useful information.

As far as what question I asked, it turns out that they ran out of time before I had to ask one. However, I sent an email around to some friends asking what I should ask, and what follows are some of my favorite responses.

1) What do you think of the assessment that our company has been called the SUV of our type of company?
2) What do you think of Paris Hilton?
3) Do you have pools full of gold coins that you swim in up here, like Scrooge McDuck?
4) If you had to choose between living in a shack for a year or having everyone in the world thinking that you like to eat poo, which would you choose?
5) Do you get brought to work by angels?
5a) If so, would you say that you have been, "Touched by an Angel?" HAHHAHAHAH! Get it?

And that's about it. It was a good time, and it was actually a time that kind of made me start caring a little bit more about the company. This is good, because it will keep me coming to work for at least a couple of days... :-)

No comments: