Sunday, December 02, 2007

Overheard

As I was walking downtown on my way to a late night at the office the other day, I ended up walking by a young and attractive couple, who fairly obviously spoke English as their first language. The following is a snippet of the conversation that I overheard:

Guy: So, I think I'm going to turn over a new leaf at work.

Girl: What?

Guy: I'm going to turn over a new leaf at work.

Girl: "I'm going to turn over a new leaf?" What does that mean?

That's right, folks, you read it correctly. This young woman didn't understand the antiquated expression "turn over a new leaf."

Conclusion: If you are an attractive woman, you can be as dumb as you want, and still be reasonably successful.

Conclusion 2: I wish I were an attractive woman. Stupid XY chromosome.

No comments: