Monday, May 11, 2009

Craigslist Ad

I am going through my things and trying to do as Thoreau says; that is, I am working to "Simplify, simplify." However, I think I may have done so in a very difficult way. Below is the ad that I placed on Craigslist today regarding some classical cds I am trying to unload.

"Hi,

In going through some of my things, I have come across somewhere between 50 and 60 cds (maybe more; I was a music major, so I didn't really have to work with numbers) of classical music (please note that this collection ranges from chant through 20th century art music, but I am using "classical" to classify them as that is how most normal people [read: non-music majors] would do.) I have listened to many of them, and they have played fine. The jewel cases may have some slight damage or price-tag stickers on them, so, if that bugs you, uhm, maybe you should calm down.

If you are interested, shoot me an email."

I suppose a critical reading/analysis of this posting might show that maybe I'm not super interested in really selling them.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I like the idea of simplifying! Think that's what came over me today as I was going through the colossal disaster known as my closet in an attempt to downsize, streamline & such.
Thanks for translating for the non-music majors:) Even if people are onto your lack of interest in selling, I'll bet they are highly entertained by your advertisement anyway.

Emma Anne said...

I make it a point to always reply to ads where people are trying NOT to sell whatever they're trying to sell on Craigslist with comments like, "Oh my goodness! I have been looking for just such a collection of CDs for years! I mean, YEARS! I would love to take these off your hands. Can I offer you twice your asking price to take them off your hands? Thank you so much." That'll teach 'em.