Monday, November 19, 2007

Roar

As I passed an antique furniture store on my way to work this morning, I heard a load roaring sound. Obviously, this was likely just a large piece of antique furniture being scooted along the floor, but I, being tired from staying up late playing cards with some folks in the cast, briefly thought that there was a tyrannosaurus rex inside of that antique store, and he was roaring at me. I was petrified with the immediacy of the danger.

Because, you know, a dinosaur in an antique shop is the most likely explanation for a loud noise.

Do you ever take a minute to think about how on earth you manage to function in society? Yeah, most of my minutes are spent thinking about that, and, for the life of me, I just don't know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha i love your mind's first impulse when you are tired. heehee!