Thursday, November 02, 2006

My New Cubicle

My new cubicle is right next to the big conference room on our floor. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. It is a good thing in that the conference room has huge windows that are on the west side of the building, so I kind of have a view of the ocean if I turn around in my seat at my desk and look around the huge tvs that are kind of in the way. It is a bad thing in that the conference room is often used for, well, conferences, which really puts a cramp in my style of napping underneath my desk and my recently implemented policy of "no-pants" Thursday.

One of those last two items were true; I'll leave it to you to decide which one.

In any case, something puzzles me about the conference room. As most of the conference rooms in our building do, this conference room has a posted schedule of meetings that will go on during the given day. For the last two Wednesdays, there has been a three hour meeting posted that claims to be some kind of Spanish language class. However, when the time comes for that particular meeting to meet, no one is in there.

This leads me to two possible conclusions:

1) People scheduled the meeting and then it's been cancelled twice in successive weeks, or
2) The meeting is actually going on, but I can't comprehend it for some reason.

My possible explanations for why I can't understand it are either that the people learning are very small, or the people using the conference room are operating in some other dimension.

I, myself, lean towards the latter explanation, but if any of you find me tied down under my desk with tiny ropes a la Gulliver's Travels, I think that we'll know the answer.

No comments: