Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Other Odor Order

As I brushed my teeth this morning, I looked over into my medicine cabinet, and noticed my Tom's of Maine deodorant. In case you're not familiar with the brand, Tom's of Maine is kind of the hippie-druggie uncle of the toiletry community. If you want to put them to the test, I recommend that you try their "natural" toothpaste that doesn't foam; I guarantee that that will be one of the grossest experiences of your life.

I think my prejudices and preconceived notions against the company (though their deodorant is fine) were playing against me when I looked over at my medicine cabinet, because I saw a tag line on the deodorant that said something to the effect of "Made with hope to help quell bacteria."

I almost didn't give it a second glance because that seemed exactly like how I would imagine Tom's of Maine would advertise their products. However, my incredulity got the better of me, and I saw that it said "hops," not "hope."

Ah, Tom's of Maine! Only you could produce deodorant that one could, with a little help from barley and fermentation, turn into beer.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That's hilarious! I'm going to have to check that out next time I'm at Whole Foods:)