Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Email Tomfoolery

At my place of employment, we are pretty fortunate to have some really great amenities. From daily breakfast foods, to an open fridge stocked with sodas, to a soft-serve ice cream machine, we live pretty high on the hog. This is how they get us to work 18 hour days with only the occasional uprising.

However, with great power comes great responsibility, and I'm pretty sure that that saying is why they also installed a small gym on our floor. If you're looking to work with weights, you should probably go cry in the corner somewhere, you baby, because that's not how we roll. However, if you want to do cardio work, then this gym is the hot place to be. Literally. It's so hot in fact, that it's going to be closed down over this weekend in order to set up some vents so that we may exercise with glorious air conditioning.

At least I think that's what's happening. This is the email that we received today:

"The gym will be closed on the following days due to HVAC ducts being installed in the ceiling over the gym:

Tomorrow, Thursday 3/19, 5:30pm thru Monday 3/23 including the weekend (24 hours)"

It's that last phrase that I don't understand: "including the weekend (24 hours)." Did we somehow lose a day from this weekend? Is this Ultra Daylight Savings Time, and I didn't get the memo? Or am I expected to come in on Sunday? Is the price we pay for a/c in the gym? An extra day at work? If so, I just want to say that I don't even really use that gym very much, and, if it's all the same to everyone, I'll just do my normal Sunday routine.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You have a soft serve ice cream machine & a gym?!?! Lucky! I think I'd take my ice cream on the treadmill, which would be ludicrous and counter productive, but kinda fun. That's one place I've never eaten ice cream...at the gym. Here's hoping you get to do your normal Sunday routine, which I'm guessing includes sleeping in, playing with Scrabble & hanging out with your beautiful wife:) Can't beat that...even if there is sodas in the fridge!

Analyst Catalyst said...

I think eating ice cream on a tread mill is a pretty perfect picture of infinity.