Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Touche Karma, Touche

Last night I had an audition that for a couple of shows that are looking to promote local actors that are a part of a local acting organization. As I looked at the posting online, and went over the email correspondence for the audition, nothing was said about the necessity of bringing headshots. Further, as I am a part of the aforementioned organization, that organization has my headshots on file, and the audition was across the hall from that organization's offices, I figured I was safe to not bring them.

Can you guess the first question that I was asked when I got there? That's right, it was something to the effect of "So, did you bring headshots?"

Crap.

I immediately thought of saying something about how I was confused about whether or not I needed to bring them, but as I looked around, I saw that EVERY OTHER PERSON there was holding 8 x 10 glossy photos of themselves.

Crap.

The audition monitor then, while trying to be nice, kind of looked at me like I was barely functionally retarded. Maybe I'm not as smart as I think I am.

No comments: