Thursday, May 04, 2006

A Protest I Could Get Behind

Apparently, a man was fired for smirking after his boss said that he had just been granted new legal powers to have a greater control over firing employees. Another employee was fired for trying to defend the first, and a third employee was fired for missing the meeting due to an illness.

And three hundred of their co-workers walked off of the job to protest, and all three of them were re-hired.

Good for them.

Also, right after Washington says that they were going to investigate just how much of a shortage there is in the supply of oil, the oil companies find some reserves that they had forgotten about. Due to increased supply, oil drops nearly two dollars a barrel.

Now, I'm not gonna judge. In fact, if I had a commodity that could be worth more just by my saying that I didn't have any more of it to give, I may have a hard time not saying that. However, when you are threatened by the government, and you immediately find reserves that you didn't have before, it's pretty obvious that you're a big fat liar.

I'm just saying, if you're going to lie, you've got to cover your tracks a little better than that.

No comments: