Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Ken Jennings

Some of us remember a couple of years back when a young man from Utah by the name of Ken Jennings went on a wild knowledge spree by appearing on Jeopardy! more times than anyone else ever had. He went on to win around two and half million bucks from the game show.

However, recently on his blog (everybody has one now, don't they? I wonder if the Pope has one...that'd be cool) he went and blasted the show, and by blasted the show I mean that he kinda made fun of it a little.

Here are a couple of my favorite quotes:

"...that...electric blue everywhere in your decor. Was that hip in 1984? Why do you want your show to remind me of my TV screen when there’s no tape in the VCR? "

"Finally, Alex. I know, I know, the old folks love him. Nobody knows he died in that fiery truck crash a few years back and was immediately replaced with the Trebektron 4000 (I see your engineers still can’t get the mustache right, by the way.)," and

"You know how Trebek likes to read foreign words in these thick, strained accents, thinking he’s being muy auténtico? He should continue to do this, but instead of delivering them himself, he needs to have a little ventriloquist’s dummy with a sombrero to pipe in with those words. (The sombrero can be switched with a beret for French words.)"

You can check out the post for yourselves here.

2 comments:

Analyst Catalyst said...

Would Trebek still be moving his mouth while the obviously not Trebek voice spoke? Because that would be hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»