Friday, July 14, 2006

Bathroom Update

As you may recall from this post, the bathroom on my floor at work stinks to high heaven. It stinks so badly, that for all I know, there are sliced up decomposing dead bodies shoved into the drain in the floor. It stinks so badly, that given the choice between the bathroom and a sharp poke into the eyeball, many people would have to seriously consider the options before making a decision. It stinks worse than than Tucker Max, who has got to be in a dead heat with Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden in the race for worst people on the planet.

So, you can imagine my surprise when nature called this morning, and when I answered, thinking that I would be overcome with a deluge of smells that would make a person with no gag reflex fall to the floor in a puddle of his or her own stomach juices, I found the area to have a sweet smell.

At first, I figured that someone had been in there who had been wearing a lot of cologne. However, as the sweet smell became more and more intense, I knew that somebody had somehow managed to de-funkify the bathroom. As the tears rolled down my face, either from the joy or the chemicals, and the Hallelujah chorus rang out in my mind, I thought to myself, what a wonderful world.

It really is the little things that life is all about.

2 comments:

Thany said...

I don't want to know where he works.
Or maybe I do?

AC, congratulations. I really don't know what else to say.

Analyst Catalyst said...

I know it was a weird post, but it seriously has smelled terrible for about eight months now. I was surprised at how happy I was.