Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Grad School and, Inconveniently to the Post, Football

I want to go to grad school for acting the same way that the Philadelphia Eagles play in the NFC Championship game: that is to say, badly. As a means to that end, I will be attending the U/RTA auditions in Las Vegas next week, and as, I hope, a direct result of that, I will get to achieve my goal. What this group does is it gets representatives for thirty to forty different grad schools for acting together, and then I, the auditionee, get to audition for them all at once. This is about a billion times more awesome than going from school to school individually, or, in layman's terms, it is inversely proportional to how awesome it would be if the Chargers moved out of San Diego: that is to say, the opposite of not very.

To get into acting shape, I auditioned for a musical here in San Diego last weekend, and my ego was stroked when I got a callback for this upcoming weekend. I got to sing the song that I will be singing, so that was definitely good practice; relatedly, good practice is what the Cardinals should be doing this week to have a chance against the Steelers: that is to say, though I would like the Steelers to lose, I suspect that won't be the case.

All that to say, if I can be successful next week at my audition, it will be as great as if the Chargers decide not to move to Los Angeles: which is to say, I think it would be great if the Chargers decide not to move to Los Angeles.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats on another hilarious post AND getting a callback! That's awesome! Praying that you get accepted into grad school:)

Analyst Catalyst said...

Thanks! I certainly appreciate the prayers!

Mickey said...

Congrats on the callback and on having the fortitude and desire to pursue your dream. We should all have the balls.

And nice job weaving two posts into one.