Thursday, January 08, 2009

State of my State

While it is a frustrating thing for me to show up here and say something along the lines of "OMG!!! It's been a long time since I wrote anything here. LOL!!!JK!!!ROTFL!!!LMNOP!!!," I feel that I must say something just along those lines.

I recently checked the email address that I have associated with this account (which is not my personal email, because heaven forbid that I should lose my anonymity associated with this account [though, let's face it, if the only people who were consistantly reading this thing were my mother, people I have met face to face, and people who have friended me on social networking sites, it's not very anonymous anyways]), and some nice man whom I don't believe I know offered me over two figures to buy this thing under the assumption that I don't want it anymore. In the words of this immortal poet, c'you believ' that?

In short, I was reminded that this site has personal value to me and that it has been a lot of fun to work on over the last couple of years. When I log in and see that I have over 400 posts, I think of all the blood, sweat, and tears (not to mention keyboards) I've gone through working on this site.

So, I'm not saying it's going to be consistant, and I'm saying it's a new year's resolution, and I'm not saying that it's going to be "good" or "worthwhile" or "a better expenditure of time than not breathing," but I am going to say that I think I can do a little better than the 14 posts I got out all of last year. Aim for the stars, I always say.

Oh yeah, baby, it's on.

No comments: