Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Weight Loss Contest

Yesterday, I signed up for a weight loss contest at work. Everybody put in twenty bucks, and the person who loses the largest percentage of weight gets the pot which is just shy of $500 right now.

Little does the company know that they, in one little gimmick, have combined two of my greatest loves: gambling, and the ability to, just this once, lose my title of being the world's fattest man.

I'll let you know how this progresses. In some ways, I have the edge because, theoretically, because I am larger, I have more excess weight to shed. However, the flipside of the coin is that because they are basing it on a percentage, I have to lose a lot more weight than someone who weighs less than I do.

Oh well. If worse comes to worse I'll just have to amputate.

4 comments:

Red Riding Hood said...

the trick is, to drink a ton of water and eat a ton of salty foods (pepperoni will do the trick) the night before the first weigh in. that'll give you an unfair advantage :)

Analyst Catalyst said...

I know! Unfortunately, they didn't announce it until the day they went around and asked people to sign up.

I would have had a veritable FEAST the night before if they had given me warning, I'm telling you this!

Red Riding Hood said...

Ha! Well they must have learned from their mistake in the past :) Good luck to you!

Analyst Catalyst said...

Thank you for your well wishing. I look forward to eating again after this month.