Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Weight Loss Contest

Yesterday, I signed up for a weight loss contest at work. Everybody put in twenty bucks, and the person who loses the largest percentage of weight gets the pot which is just shy of $500 right now.

Little does the company know that they, in one little gimmick, have combined two of my greatest loves: gambling, and the ability to, just this once, lose my title of being the world's fattest man.

I'll let you know how this progresses. In some ways, I have the edge because, theoretically, because I am larger, I have more excess weight to shed. However, the flipside of the coin is that because they are basing it on a percentage, I have to lose a lot more weight than someone who weighs less than I do.

Oh well. If worse comes to worse I'll just have to amputate.

4 comments:

Kristy B said...

the trick is, to drink a ton of water and eat a ton of salty foods (pepperoni will do the trick) the night before the first weigh in. that'll give you an unfair advantage :)

Analyst Catalyst said...

I know! Unfortunately, they didn't announce it until the day they went around and asked people to sign up.

I would have had a veritable FEAST the night before if they had given me warning, I'm telling you this!

Kristy B said...

Ha! Well they must have learned from their mistake in the past :) Good luck to you!

Analyst Catalyst said...

Thank you for your well wishing. I look forward to eating again after this month.