Monday, October 30, 2006

The Audition

Friday's audition went well, and I was given a call back for later that same afternoon. They had me read for a couple of different parts, and I was then sent on my merry way with a "Thanks. That's all we need to see."

I anticipate that I will know by Friday whether or not they'd like to have me in their show.

If I were being judged purely versus those that were at the audition on Friday, I'd say that I had a pretty good shot. However, they are holding Equity (the actor's union) auditions up in Los Angeles today. From what I've heard, because the theatre is an Equity theatre, they must cast one more than half of the cast with union actors. Because the cast will likely be twenty people, that means that 11 must be union members. This leaves nine available spots for the likes of me.

I will continue to keep my fingers crossed because my type really is perfect for the show, but there's no way to really know my chances (as if there ever is). I will continue to hope for the best, and I will eagerly await Friday.

No comments: