Friday, April 14, 2006

A Sign

I was walking by where our mail boxes are at the apartment complex, and I noticed that someone had put a sign up advertising what things that he would do for money. I should have taken a picture, but I didn't, and so I'll just retype the sign.

"HI! I clean houses and babysitter. My name is XXXX and you can reach me at XXX-XXX-XXXX if you are interested."

The cleaning houses thing I could see him making money at, but who even hires a babysitter that is dirty? And who would want to pay for the cleaning of said babysitter if it showed up dirty? This just seems like an aptitude entirely too specific to make any money at. Now if he said that he cleaned babysitters, that would be a different story, in that oftentimes I see flocks of filthy babysitters walking down the street, and I just wish that there were some way to clean them.

But one...it just doesn't seem cost-effective.

No comments: