Monday, April 17, 2006

Training Day

Today is the day that the new hires get to go to meetings all day to learn about the benefits of working for the company that we work for. We learned about the intranet and our insurance options and so forth. The day will culminate with a riveting discussion about celebrating diversity.

Now, while I don't have any problem with diversity, let's just say that I am about as diverse as a white guy in a cracker factory...oops, what I meant to say was that I am about as diverse as a cracker in a white guy factory.

Hmm...Probably neither of those above statement are kosher. I'll have to keep those to myself until next kwanzaa when I pull out my four leaf clover, eat some borscht and sauerkraut, and pray to my elephant-looking, many-armed deity to save the whales and emasculate the men.

But seriously, I'm not looking forward to the hour between two and three this afternoon; from what I've heard from those who have gone through this orientation before me, this is the most boring part of the day.

Oh well. At least I've got another call-back to go to tonight, and after that I'll be able to stop wondering if "call-back" should be hyphenated. Well, I guess that I can still wonder; I just won't have to type it as often.

No comments: