Sunday, August 27, 2006

Godspell

Godspell closed last night to one of the most responsive and excitable audiences ever. For some of the numbers, the audience honestly cheered more loudly than I've ever had something I'm in cheered for before. It is this feeling that is the drug of choice for actors; well, unless that actor is Robert Downey Junior, in which case the drug of choice is usually heroin.

It is one thing to say that the show was excellent, which it was. Every single person in the cast was excellent, and I can't really say enough good things about them. The little bits of personality added to every moment of the show made it as real and authentic as could be. However, it is quite another thing entirely to say that nearly every single event that happened with show people outside of the show was positive. I can count on one hand without using most of my fingers the times that something didn't go over well.

This show was and needed to be a positive experience for me.

I've said it before, but I really would have loved to do this show for several months if not longer. Unfortunately, that's not how summer shows work.

Looking back, the show was an incredible example of how people who all work towards a common goal can discover fulfillment in their work.

And I was lucky enough to find some of it myself.

No comments: