Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Only Downside

Let me start by saying that I love my new apartment. I love my new roommate. I love that I have a washer and dryer inside the unit. I love that I have tiled floor in my bathroom.

However, the only downside to the place that I can figure out is that when I am in the shower, every time somebody closes their door apparently anywhere in the complex, the sound is greatly magnified. This does not happen when I am sleeping or watching tv or doing anything else in the apartment; it only occurs when I am in the shower.

The first time this happened, it was fairly disconcerting. I was in the shower, doing my own thing, when suddenly, there was this series of huge slamming sounds. I wondered if someone had kicked down the front door, or if I was being attacked by zombies, neither of which would have surprised me. Upon exiting the shower cautiously, I found that neither of the above two options were the case.

Now I just kind of accept these sounds as the price to pay for living in paradise.

No comments: