Friday, February 10, 2006

This site is cool!

And by this site, I mean the one that you are on!

But seriously...

I love books, but more than that I seem to love purchasing them. Case in point, I have an overflowing amount of books and I believe that I have probably read or used for my purposes (i.e. for research) maybe thirty percent of them. And even that figure is a very, very, very liberal estimate. A more conservative estimate is probably half of that. This is not a good thing, especially if you have to move around very often, and especially not a good thing if you would like to have money for meals. My analysis of the situation is that this is my great pretention in life in that I expect people's response to my collection to be something like:

When in reality it is generally more like this:

And that is honestly the truth, folks: I opted out of having a dresser in my room so that I could have more books in it. However, to be fair, the dresser was pretty broken, and so it wasn't making much of a case for me to keep it.

In any case, I found this today, and I'm already considering purchasing at least one more book that I most likely don't need.

Sigh. When will I ever learn?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your cartoons.

Anonymous said...

It's okay Bryan. I haven't read a lot of the books I have. And they're probably not even as smart as the ones you haven't read.
Josh