Thursday, February 02, 2006

Wuh?

So last night, the gf, I, and two of our friends with their baby (who's pretty freaking adorable) went to a semi-pretentious restaurant, as we are all semi-pretentious people. Well, I guess I can't speak for the others, but I myself am very pretentious in that I like Radiohead and I go to this restaurant.

But seriously, this restaurant is what a restaurant would look like if Marilyn Manson were an interior designer and also a cowboy. I mean, where does one even get black urinals? My buddy pointed out that it's disconcerting to not be able to see one's own urine. And it is. I myself stood in the restroom for at least 8 minutes wondering if I had, in fact, gone to the restroom.

Anyways, this restaurant was, as semi-pretentious restaurants often are, fairly pricy, but that's all good because the food is served less on what you would call plates and more in what you would call troughs. Another aspect of dining that makes this restaurant unique is the BIG FREAKING BRANCH of rosemary that is customarily stuck into or otherwise incorporated into every dish on the menu. I wondered if the restaurant was pro-republican, and this foliage was their silent way of supporting Bush and still drawing in their, most likely, extremely liberal clientele.

Touche, Hash House, touche.

In all seriousness, the meal was very delicious and mostly reasonably priced other than the barbecue sauce that I misguidedly asked for. I thought that it would make my meat loaf extra special delicious, but it ended up being an additional charge on the bill. It was just a couple of bucks, but even so, charging for a condiment seems in poor taste, no pun intended.

P.S. If you are a friend of mine or the GF's, and still have not received a Christmas present, I apologize from the bottom of my heart. Rest assured that one will be on the way soon enough.

No comments: