Monday, March 13, 2006

Today

I have a couple of things to talk about today.

The first is that I have discovered about myself that I have a bit of a temper. It usually only strikes when people do something particularly stupid, and the situation only magnifies when I am driving.

Road rage? Try road armageddon.

Stupidity on the road has up to this point solicited at least a honk, if not a hurling of, at best, questionable language for polite company and, at worst, my shoe.

But I was thinking about it the other day, and I was trying to figure out what it was gaining me to get so angry, and the only thing I could come up with was that it was gaining me a higher risk for a heart attack. So, I decided to give up getting angry at people, and to instead say the word "Really?" in a condescending manner. I'm liking it this way because it makes me smile every time I say it, and laughter is better than anger in most anybody's book.

The second thing that I have to talk about today involves my work today, or lack thereof. You see, ladies and gentlemen, I was feeling miserable as I looked at my clock today at 6:00 when I needed to get up to go to work, so I called my boss and let him know that I was ill, and that I would endeavor to come in and just work in the afternoon. So, I set my clock for just before noon, and went back to sleep.

Unfortunately, in setting my clock for just before noon, I neglected to actually turn it on. So, when I woke up at three thirty this afternoon, I looked at my clock, rubbed my eyes, looked at it again, and said to myself, "Really?"

No comments: