Thursday, June 22, 2006

A Phone Call from Today

Customer: I need you to change the addresses of where our company receives its invoices.

Me: That will be no problem. What customer is this for?

Customer: Asinine Industries.*

Me: Asinine Industries? (Checks database) Oh, actually it doesn't look like we serve that customer any more.

Customer: What?

Me: Yeah, I'm pretty sure you guys went to a different service provider.

Customer: (Silence, until) Can you change them anyways?

Me: What?

Customer: Can you change the addresses anyways?

Me: (Brief pause) Sure. I'll get right on that.

Customer: Thanks.

*Name changed to protect my behind.

5 comments:

Kristy B said...

could you change my billing address too please? thanks.

Analyst Catalyst said...

Yeah, I'll get right on that.

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet I've been looking for someone who does this kind of thing. I actually just need you to change my delivery address so I can get my Entertainment Weeklys again. Thanks.

SM

Analyst Catalyst said...

Yes yes, Mr. Me. I will soon be taking care of that for you.

Anonymous said...

That is a crack up! Omigosh some people that call during the day just leave me in wonder... wow... there are really people like this one out there... wow...